So what did it smell like? It was classified as a sweet aldehydic floral fragrance for women.
- Top notes: aldehydes, spices, carnation, fruity note
- Middle notes: orange flowers, jasmine and roses
- Base notes: tobacco, tonka bean, balsams, leather, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, vanilla
Presented in a black glass Art Deco flacon designed by Louis Sue and produced by Baccarat. This bottle was also available in clear crystal and was used for other D'Orsay perfumes over the years.
Drug and Cosmetic Industry, 1936:
"D'ORSAY The House of D'Orsay is introducing a crested metal case containing three D'Orsay perfumes, the new Trophee, LeDandy, and Toujours Fidele. The case makes a handsome cigarette case after the perfumes are gone, and comes in white metal with gold D'Orsay crest, in black with gold crest, and in brushed gold with shiny gold crest."
Fate of the Fragrance:
So what does it smell like? Le Dandy is classified as a woody spicy fragrance for men. It is quite different than the original perfume.
- Top notes; whiskey, rum, peach, pineapple and plum
- Middle notes: ginger, nutmeg, cardamon, cinnamon and clove
- Base notes: sandalwood, benzoin, patchouli, tonka bean, peru balsam and tobacco
So what does La Dandy smell like? It is classified as a floral woody musk fragrance for women, with dominant notes of peach, clove and cinnamon.
- Top notes: peach, bergamot, aldehydes
- Middle notes: cinnamon, jasmine, ylang-ylang, freesia, clove and cardamom
- Base notes: vetiver, tonka beans, honey, benzoin, tobacco, sandalwood, tolu balsam and musk